Life since Tuesday...
- I had exams Wednesday and Thursday which burned me out. Thus, I spent the weekend socializing with my boys and am now feeling ready to get back down to business!
- Awesome 5 mile goal pace run on Friday afternoon. It felt like a walk in the park and helped me feel a little more confident for my upcoming half. I've been working on a new mental outlook after reading Born to Run. I'm working on a post for it, so keep an eye out.
It may not look terrible, but word of mouth says differently....
- Have gone out for four nights in a row. It has been an astronomical amount of time since the last time this happened. Mostly I spend my nights with organic chemistry and biology. Sexy, I know. Keep in mind though that "going out" is used very loosely here....as in Thursday night I went over to LJ's house for dinner and porch sitting. A wild party animal I am not.
- Friday night involved sitting on a couch with LJ and Gimpy while watching Inception (for the bazillionth time). I may or may not be mildly obsessed with that movie.
- Last night we went out for my friend's brother's joint bachelor/bachelorette party. Even with all of the people I know who are getting engaged and married, I had never been to a bachelorette party before**. One word. Ridiculous. Waaaaay more penis paraphernalia than should be allowed in one space.
The bride to be, the groom to be, Running Man, Gimpy, LJ, and Smarty.
Ain't my boys handsome?
- Today's to do list starts with me getting my lazy butt outside for an 11 mile run. And yes, lazy butt is exactly how I should be described. I woke up, ate breakfast, did an hour of work, and then took a nap. A nap before 10am? Yes, please! I was supposed to do the run yesterday, but it was cold and hailing. Wasn't going to happen. I promise to leave right after I hit publish though. Then it's off to my Uncle's house for passover dinner. It's going to be a great day!
- I finally have all my sponsors lined up for my MS Mud Run Giveaway. As of right now, NO ONE has entered. That means that as of right now no one is going to win my four awesome prizes. C'mon guys! Five dollars get you an entry! Prizes will be revealed tomorrow!
- Congrats to everyone racing today and good luck for those running Boston tomorrow! A special congrats to BDD who ran his first half marathon today!
**Also, all these people getting engaged, married, and pregnant....is there something in the water!?! In the last month there have been three engagements and two pregnancies. New rule: for every two friends that get engaged, they have to find me one decent man.